Placement and/or course eligibility is primarily determined by high school GPA after the high school transcript is received. Such things as higher degrees, ACT/SAT scores, or transfer credit may exempt you from testing.
- You have graduated high school in the U.S. and had a high school GPA.
- You have taken the GED since 1/1/14 and have a score of at least 145 on all areas, or taken the HiSET with a score of 15 or higher on all areas.
- You have successfully completed a college level English/mathematics course already.
- You have taken the ACT or SAT and met the minimum score requirements. Click here for the minimum score requirements.
* Official documentation for the above criteria must be submitted to the ACC Registrar’s Office.
If you do NOT meet the above criteria, you may need the placement test.
Testing must be completed prior to course registration.
The placement test is given by appointment only during the following times:
- Mondays at 9:00 AM
- Tuesdays at 5:00 PM - ( For Tuesday appointements, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule)